In most areas, by law, you must pick up after your dog when you walk them. And, of course, if your dog goes in your own yard, you don't want to have to navigate their landmines to enjoy your lawn. It's a fact of life for most dog owners that at one time or another, they'll have to scoop dog poop. Let's face it, using just your hand and a bag is kind of gross, not to mention the increased possibility of it being unsanitary. The easier and more sanitary it is to pick up after your dog, the better. There is a never-ending array of pooper scoopers on the market. Some pooper scoopers do the job better than others. We'll take a look at a few of the best pooper scoopers for dogs.
Best Pooper Scoopers For Dogs
We've used the Dispoz-A-Scoop product on walks with our dog. It is currently our scooping product of choice on walks.
- Works similarly to the Scooper Genie, but you can push down on the cardboard and seal the poop inside the bag.
- Your hands stay safely away from the poop.
- Can be easily carried on walks.
- The bags are biodegradable.
- You have to bend down to scoop.
- Poop can get along the wireframe holding the bag, so you'll have to be careful of how you hold it until you can dispose of it.
This is one of the pooper scoopers we personally use to clear our yard. It's made of hard, durable plastic and has lasted us for years.
- You don't have to bend over to scoop.
- Your hands don't get near the poop.
- You can clear a yard pretty quickly.
- The end of the scoop can get rather disgusting and you'll want to carefully wash it after use.
- It can be cumbersome to take on walks.
From reviews we've read online, this is one of the best pooper scoopers for dogs. It's an improvement over the jaws type pooper scooper in that not only do you keep your hands away from the poop, but you don't have to wash the scooper because the poop only ever touches the bag it's scooped up in. The special bags for the Scooper Genie sit on a wireframe that gets disposed with the bag when you're done scooping.
- Pretty much the same pros as the jaw scooper and in addition, you don't have to wash it afterward.
- Cumbersome to take on walks.
- Requires special Scooper Genie bags.
Now here's a pooper scooper you can take on a walk with you. It's a little bulkier than those little rolls of bags, but it is portable and allows you to keep your hands away from the poop.
- You can take it on walks with you.
- It allows you to keep your hands away from the poop.
- You have to bend over to use it.